Excessive government spending is destroying America.
Even as unsound federal laws distorted lending rules and destabilized our once solid housing market, excessive government spending has caused dire concern about hyper-inflation of our currency and uncertainty in the American economy. Excessive spending combined with corrupted regulations – the picking of winners and losers of questionable value – have further distorted the marketplace.
Consequently private job-creators across the economic spectrum have lost confidence that their business ventures will be successful. They’ve delayed further investment and further hiring; and recession leery consumers have cautiously put off spending.
Washington D.C. has created the perfect recipe for economic decline.
We must stop the government spending addiction.
As your U.S. Senator I will work to cut $1 trillion in federal spending immediately by cutting:
- A 15% reduction of the federal workforce.
- Eliminate four cabinet departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, and Education).
- Abolish the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and returning responsibility for security back to the airline businesses.
- Abolish all corporate subsidies and return most other federal spending to 2006 levels.
- Cut Congressional pay and perks including staff and curb excessive federal travel.
As your U.S. Senator I will ask this question about every government expense: is borrowing money for it so important, so critical, that it is worth putting our economic sovereignty in the hands of Saudi Arabia or China or any other nation to pay for it?
The U.S. Dollar must be returned back to a sound monetary footing. I support a complete audit of the Federal Reserve and tightened control of its activities in matters of money supply and manipulation.